Circuit Length: 3.74 miles (6.02km)
2017 RESULT: 1st
2016 Winners: Scott Sharp/Ed Brown/Johannes van Overbeek/Pipo Derani (Ligier-Honda)
- Located in Florida, Sebring International Raceway is one of the oldest continuously operating race tracks in the United States, having hosted its first race on New Year’s Eve in 1950.
- The first Sebring 12 Hours was held in March 1952. The circuit also staged the first Formula 1 United States Grand Prix in 1959.
- The circuit occupies part of Sebring Regional Airport, an active airport, which was originally built as Hendricks Army Airfield, a World War II training base for the US Army Air Forces.
- It is known for its bumpy surface, including concrete sections that were constructed as WW2-era landing fields.Tom Kristensen has won the 12 Hours more times than any other driver, with six victories.
- Porsche is the most successful constructor, taking 18 wins.
ALEX'S TRACK VIEW
It's a circuit that’s very technical – you need to have a good car to be fast there otherwise you’ve no chance. It's often critical on aerodynamics and it's hard on tyre wear. But it's also a really fun track to drive on.